Tuesday, November 27, 2012

for my favorite tiny one

when i was 10 years old, my aunt sat me down and told me that she would buy me anything i wanted for christmas.  she told me to write out a list, and she would get me something off that list. 

oh man, did i edit my list.  i begged my mom to visit bookstores upon bookstores to write out a list with my favorites.  i was particularly drawn to a young adult box set of books that i can't recall anymore.  all i know is that i really really wanted that set.  i carefully labeled it #1 in bold red ink and listed the exact location of the exact bookstore that it could be found at.

christmas came, and i excitedly opened my aunt's gift to find that she did not get me anything on my list.  she had given me heated slippers.  the caveat? they were in a women's size 7.  i don't even wear that size now. 

i was crushed.

now that i am an aunt myself, i have determined that i will never ever stray from any list from the young ones in my family.  being that my cousin's precious baby A is only 3 months old, I asked Vic what A may like for christmas. 

Vic showed me a picture that just slayed me with cuteness.  The most perfect tiny moccasins in gold.

Put in an order, and cannot wait to see these on A next time!

 

No comments: